Enter a single word in the search box, e.g., "teach"
To develop a partnership between Peru and Canada through a sharing of friendship, skills, resources and connections.
To bring together the richness and diversity of both cultures through cross-cultural trips.
To generate the means of self-help projects, support and creativity through the mutuality of friendship links, connecting with communities and groups in Peru and Canada.
Nature of Work
To develop Heart-Links as an NGO (Non Government Organization) with volunteers at all levels.
To develop a small management team in Peru as well as in Canada to assist in setting up programmes, using skills to share experiences of: Income Generation, Health Skills and Promotion, Promotion of Culture, and New Initiatives (e.g. establishing Co-ops, etc.) Educational skills, Crafts, etc.
To raise awareness of the Peruvian reality through talks, concerts, presentations and the sale of art work. To prepare and accompany persons wishing to go to Peru as part of an awareness and work experience.
Peru, South America.
Beginning date: July.
Length of commitment: three weeks.
- Preferred age is 18 years and over.
- Fitness and good health is advised, as the surroundings, change of food, altitude and the challenge of coping in a different culture are demanding.
- Knowledge of Spanish would be a definite attribute.
- Accepted applicants will be expected to attend 3 pre-trip meetings and 1 post-trip meeting.
- For application form, please write to above address.
- Closing date for application is Dec. 1st of current year
Last updated: 2005-10-16